Hospital medicine has emerged as a crucial driver of value based purchasing-related metrics. The hospital medicine division at Envision Physician Services supports improvements that help to:
- Streamline the admission process
- Improve patient and medical staff satisfaction
- Decrease lengths of stay, when medically appropriate, by implementing cost-effective care paths
Envision Physician Services leverages lean process improvement to generate best practice workflows that streamline the patient experience and ensure timely, appropriate patient evaluation.
- Effectively manage cost-per-case
- Reduce preventable readmissions and related CMS-imposed financial penalties
- Improve throughput and metrics by expediting inpatient admissions from the emergency department
- Decrease emergency department boarding time and inpatient length of stay
Hospitalists at a 70-bed hospital increased the rate of early morning discharges from 23 percent to 72 percent in 30 days with these tools and tactics.
Through our parent company, Envision Healthcare, inpatient care can be extended with disease management services through Evolution Health. Medical transportation services and onsite medical care also is available through American Medical Response (AMR) to effectively manage post-acute care and prevent avoidable readmissions.
Integrated Hospital Medicine Services.
Hospitals and health systems benefit from national experts, benchmarks and proven processes available from an organization with proven hospital medicine experience:
- 24/7 hospitalist coverage for unassigned patients
- Coverage for the intensive care, pediatrics, psychiatric, medical, skilled nursing, rehabilitation and other inpatient units
- Consults on surgery, OB/GYN, psychiatry and other units
- Collaboration with emergency medicine physicians, including patient handoffs
- Value-based purchasing program support
- Access to proprietary technology for rounding, prioritizing, bed management, room locator information and charge capture