Community Medical Center, member of RWJ Barnabas Health, is a 592-bed, fully accredited acute care hospital located in Toms River, NJ. Community Medical Center (CMC) is Ocean County’s largest and most active healthcare facility, offering a comprehensive array of services including advanced cancer care, sophisticated neurology and neurosurgery services including a neuro-interventional lab and cardiac care featuring three cardiac catheterization labs.
CMC has earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for its Stroke, Heart Failure, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Total Joint Replacement-Hip and Knee programs. The Cancer Center is designated by the Commission on Cancer of The American College of Surgeons as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program since 1986 and is also the recipient of the Outstanding Achievement Award. The Breast Center is a designated program by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), the only accredited center in Ocean and Atlantic counties.
Emergency Department Profile
- 78,000 annual volume including 9,000 pediatric visits
- Self-run, 30-bed ED RDU
- 64 ED beds
- 8 PEDs beds
- 7 Fast Track beds
- Autism Friendly
- 24/7 one on one Scribe support
- Diverse pathology with ability to do procedures
- Wide range of sub specialist back up available including hand and neuro surgery
- Best nursing staffed ED in RWJ Barnabas Health system with experienced nurses and low turnover
- Dedicated Chest Pain Center with specialized cardiac care
- Consistently rated in the 99th percentile of high volume EDs by Press Ganey
- Multiple residency programs coming in 2021